Stupid DLLs, how do they work?

So I apparently had to reinstall Windows because of some shitty DLLs not working.

You probably want to know why so I'll get right on with it. It all started with League of Legends not working, it crashed whenever it was supposed to start, so I did some research. So I've been informed that you can fix this issue with reinstalling Direct X. Seems like an easy enough task, wouldn't you say? Well fuck that. Direct X wouldn't install because of some nasty bug where it kept saying it wouldn't be able to install. So yeah, so much for that. So I googled about that issue and eventually found out that many have that problem, but nobody found a solution. The only workaround was to remove Direct X, install Direct X 9 b, and then copy paste the older DLLs from 9 b into an older version of Direct X 9 c. That did the trick. So I finally had 9 c on my computer again, even though an older version. Back to League of Legends. Still didn't work, still crashed. Fuck. So I eventually figured out I had to download a d3x9_39.dll and copy it into the System32 folder of Windows. And there, League of Legends worked again. Great, right? NO.

After I restarted my computer the next day, it didn't even boot and just freezed on a screen saying my loading process needs DLLs for Kernel. Kernel my ass, I said. Apparently that didn't do anything, so I spent 5 FUCKING HOURS searching for a solution, and ended up just reinstalling Windows. Luckily, I haven't lost any of my files, but I don't have a registry so I have to pretty much reinstall everything anyway, except for music and pictures. I'm just glad I've got a working computer again. Also, Elsword.

Elsword is a korean game, similar to Grand Chase, where you beat up shit and level up, and do quests in the dungeons where you are beating up shit. It's like Grand Chase 2, just better. And more awesome. "But wait!", you'll be saying, "isn't it korean?". HECK NO. Germany recently released a Closed Beta, and today they're switching to Open Beta. I've been waiting for this game for years, obviously I've played CB already and am more than happy with what I experienced. Even though the game is German, most of you might still understand what to do, and like all the people ingame are talking English, so it won't hurt to ask. And if the German Version is doing good, you'll get your English Version, soon, too. Here's a link.

So, besides doing the stuff I just told you about, I, of course, played some more League of Legends and watched more anime, namely Detective Conan and Panty & Stocking.
Oh, and I totally watched a movie yesterday, called Megamind. Albi told me about it while we were walking backt hen, you should remember her from my previous post. Movie was pretty awesome, nice animation, funny, and had that little something. So yar.

I guess that is, again, all I have to say about myself as for now. If anything happens, you're the first to know. See y'all!

Comments

Popular Posts